With Woody Mosten and David Hoffman, Trainers
January 10-11, 2019 - San Diego, CA
This interactive retreat in sunny San Diego may be a perfect way for you to launch a new decade!
Woody Mosten and David Hoffman have trained professionals together in Boston, Philadelphia, Chicago, and at IACP Conferences. Their mutual respect and synergy hopefully provide a useful model for your team interactions in your own cases.
David’s Ted Talk on “Lawyer as Peacemaker,” keynotes of IACP and elsewhere, and his book, “Bringing Peace Into the Room” (with Daniel Bowling) are groundbreaking. Woody’s seminal article, “Lawyer as Peacemaker,” his peacemaking course at UCLA School of Law, the 2018 Peace Institute sponsored by the Pennsylvania State Bar, and Family Court Review’s special issue on peacemaking (which Woody edited) all will be lead-ups to this retreat. David will be with us on January 11 only, and Woody on both days.
Woody and David will structure the two days as follows:
- Defining Peacemaking and Surveying Its Developments and Use in Other Fields
- Assessing How Peacemaking Exists (or Should) in Mediation and Collaborative Practice
- Building Your Individual Peacemaking Signature
- Infusing Peacemaking and Prevention of Conflict into our Current Cases
- Examining the Internal Psychological Work of Peacemaking – For Ourselves and Our Clients
- Utilizing Spiritual Practice in High-Conflict Dynamics
- Visioning the Future of Peacemaking in Our Work and Personal Lives
Every participant will be offered the opportunity (but not required) to present a brief module on their own vision of peacemaking to the other participants.
Early bird discount ends December 10. Additional discounts for IACP membership and 3 or more participants from the same practice group.
Enrollment Limited To 15